Annual Physical Examination and Health Consultation: In addition to doing a complete physical examination, attention is paid to diet, behavior, weight, eating habits, social behavior, and parasite/infectious disease risk factors.
- Purevax Rabies a feline exclusive vaccination (yearly or every 3 years)…This is a Cook County legal requirement
- Feline upper respiratory and distemper (every 3 years for adult cats)
- Feline Leukemia (yearly if outdoor cat)
Heartworm prevention; intestinal parasite prevention and external parasite prevention should be considered in all outdoor cats. Revolution is a topical anti-parasiticidal and should be applied monthly from May until November is recommended
- Fecal Examination for intestinal parasites is recommended annually for those cats that go outdoors
- In cats over 8 years old, twice yearly complete examination is recommended.
- Laboratory screening may be suggested based on the results of the examination and any concerns about changes in overall behavior:
- to establish a “baseline” for future monitoring
- or to detect early or hidden disease processes.